New for 2011 is the option to choose a spoon busk instead of the standard busk to our Morticia corset. This style was a popular addition in the Victorian era, and can best be described as a slight curve right at the base of the busk, designed to add additional support to the tummy area. Which you prefer is a matter of personal choice, however, most customers will be more than satisfied with our standard design.
|Fabric:||These corsets are designed to work hard and reduce your waist by up to 13 cm. Please deduct 10-13 cm from your normal waist measurement to work out your corset size: a natural waist of 74 cm will give a corset size of 61 cm, whilst a natural waist size of 76 cm will give a corset size of 66 cm.
Several experienced corset wearers have purchased a size smaller than they normally do. Most suited to vintage figures with a waist 25 cm (or more) smaller than the hip.
Measurements when completely closed.
18"/46 cm, ribcage-61 cm, hip-74 cm
- Satin underbust corset with cotton twill lining and internal waist tape
- Extreme curve, deduct 10-13 cm from your waist to determine your Morticia corset size
- Stainless steel busk front opening and a combination of 18 flat and spiral steel bones
- Modesty panel
- Each corset is made by hand by one corsetier from start to finish
- Specialist dry clean
- length along front busk 13.25"
- underbust to hip 11.5"
- side length from underarm to waist 6"
- side length from waist to bottom 5.5"